Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Fairytale

After a long weekend spending time with my beautiful Delta Gee sistas, it killed me to see emotions running high while witnessing the most amazing girls tear up over boys and relationships. This leads me into my inspired blog of the week


 Do you ever wish you could go back to being little again, where it was okay to be vulnerable and innocent and you could dream the impossible because in your mind anything was possible?...well from a very young age, I truly from the bottom of my heart, believed that I was a princess (no really, just ask my parents). I have pictures wearing a new princess crown in everyone of my birthday pictures. Along with that, I will admit that my childhood consisted of me living in a la-la-land of daydreams, pretending I was an indian princess kidnapped by another tribe, orphan Annie trying to run away from the evil Mrs. Hannigan...you name it and I am sure to have acted it out. However, by the end of the day as I would turn on my nightlight and crawl into bed, I would think about how the story of my own fairytale would unravel someday...


There are always the stories in movies and books where one special girl receives an invitation to a ball, goes to her wardrobe and finds the most beautiful gown to wear


At the ball she meets her prince charming, they kiss and sparks fly


Next thing you know they fall in love and ride off in an enchanted carriage.


Well...although I wish things worked that way, sadly enough some girls have to deal with the Grimm brothers version of a fairytale, encountering the evil stepmothers, wicked witches, poisoned apple kind of situations. In other words, dealing with the times you wait for the phone to ring in hopes it will be that really cute boy on the other line, though time passes and you still haven't heard from him...


Waiting by the window ceil for your Romeo to come but at the last second his course of action changes and he is off to find is new Juliet... 


heartbroken and confused, wondering what went wrong and wear to turn to...


Over the years as I have gone through the awkward stages of junior high where it was cool to "go out" which normally lasted for about a week, then on to high school envying the couples who dated for what seemed to be their entire high school years, and now on to college where everyone is trying to figure out who they are and what they are looking for; I have come to realize that fairytales do not always happen at once, they can take years of fighting off the poisoned apples of heartbreak and rejection before prince charming comes along to save the day. Living in the moment and surrounding myself by my sisters and close friends, enjoying life as it is and making the best of it is where happiness is found. Someday, somewhere, on an unexpected occasion I might just happen to bump into my prince charming. Although my fairytale story is not complete yet, a sea of princes are out there waiting to be found.



  






No comments:

Post a Comment